Pagina's

zondag 2 oktober 2016

Vivera meatreplacers: second out of seven reviews

Last night I felt like adding something to my veggie stirfry and I was lucky to have these :)
So that means.. a second review!

A while ago I had their normal chicken pieces which I really liked and these are the: chicken pieces chili lemon flavored. Hmm sounds good..

Appearance: it looks like..prepared marinated chicken. It scares some people of, but I really don't mind if it's not real meat. What I do mind is that some pieces are really small or more crumbs and other pieces are bigger. 
Texture: Sooo good! Not as firm as chicken, but the texture comes really close. The inside looks JUST like chicken. The pieces really add something to your veggie stirfry, pasta dish, risotto.. you name it!
Taste: I love the chili lemon flavour! Ok you can't really taste lemon, but the overall taste is good. The chili spice is there, but people who are afraid of spicy food could also just eat this. Does it taste like chicken? No it doesn't. On the background you can taste it's own flavour, my guess from the soy ;)
Ingredients: no wheat, big plus!! It's mostly soy, sunflower oil, pea fiber, lots of herbs and some sugar. Oh and quite high in protein for people who are interested in that ;)
Rating: 4 stars out of 5. The flavour is good, texture also and wheat free.. I would buy them. Tastes better than chicken in my opinion!
(so sorry for the picture quality, but autumn is coming so the sunlight is going..) 

 Pandan rice, oyster mushrooms, bell pepper and the chicken pieces!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten